Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Year 25 Week 15 11/13/09

Only one week of racing left for this SIM year. I've been trying to get all of my mares bred and have done pretty well with it, I think I have less than ten left to breed.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had won the Breeder's Cup handicapping contest on the forum. The prize is 50 Game Points which equals $50 in real life, I am shocked that I won. Now I wish I had gone to the track and bet some real money on some of those races!

Later today there is to be a mixed breed broodmare sale on the sales page. There is a limit of 5, I think I'll try to get one of each breed except the Pacers which I have rotten luck with anyway. I didn't see any mention of the price but I assume it will probably be something close to what the first or second group of mixers were.

Tonight I have 25 running, only one I am really interested in "Night Race" a 2-year-old who got a 67 first time I raced her at her proper distance. (I messed up her first race.) The rest are mostly fillers or horses I'm just trying to decide if I want to keep or not. I've been dumping a few onto the sales page every other day to offset the foals that have been coming in.

Autochthoe - 2-year-old turf root filly - She's running in a 32K claimer tonight, five horse field, there's a slim possibility that she breaks her maiden. 3 45

Dionysia - 3-year-old dirt mile filly - She is basically a filler, bred to be a turf horse but very slow at it. Unimpressive. Tonight she's on dirt running in a MSW, four horse field. 3 40

Enforce the Trail - 3-year-old turf route filly- Another filler that is running on the wrong surface. MSW, four horse field. 4 15

Fire Song - 4-year-old all weather route gelding - My expensive yearling that never panned out, now a filler. Running in a Starter Allowance, four horse field. 2 50

Give Candy - 2-year-old turf mile gelding - Running in a 75K stakes in Spain, five horse field. He might get up for fourth. 5 44

Gremlin - 3-year-old dirt route gelding - Filler that I'm holding onto just to see if he might turn out to be a possible chaser. Running in a maiden race with a four horse field. 4 34

Guns and Daggers - 2-year-old dirt route filly - Another expensive yearling, I bought her for 126K at auction, Mary Weather gave her the wings comment, her works have been encouraging. She's raced twice, she was fifth first out on a muddy track and than won her second start in a 75K claimer with a speed figure of 65. Tonight she's running in a 250K Grade 1 stakes with a six horse field. She should get up for some sort of money, or at least I hope so. 4 54

He Rules - 3-year-old dirt sprint gelding - He's a filler that I have running in a route, restricted 100K listed stakes, five horse field. 3 38

Hellroaring Mesa - 2-year-old dirt mile filly - Second start, seventh first out at a route. Running in a sponsored MSW, one horse short of a full field. 3 55

I Do What I Want - 2-year-old dirt route filly - Second start, fifth first out, running in a sponsored maiden race with a full field. 3 54

Joyride - 2-year-old turf sprint filly - MSW, ten horse field, have no idea if she'll even be in the mix at the end. 4 48

Kisses And Clover - 5-year-old dirt sprint mare - Running in a NW2, full field, not expecting anything. 10 35

Loki Past - 5-year-old dirt route horse - First start for me, this horse raced once at 2 and than didn't race again until he was five. Has two wins and two seconds out of six starts. Running tonight in a NW3 in Hawaii, seven horse field. I stripped off all of his equipment, curious to see how he does. 1 68

Lucky Thirteen - 2-year-old turf sprint gelding - Running in a 100K stakes in England, nine horse field, I don't really know why I put him in here. 6 43

Lucky Turn - 2-year-old dirt sprint filly - First start for me, MSW in a full field.

10 29

Making Money - 5-year-old turf mile gelding - Running in an allowance in New Zealand, eight horse field. 4 53

Mary Cassatt - 4-year-old dirt route filly - Running in a NW3, ten horse field, not expecting anything here. 9 24

Mississippi River - 3-year-old dirt route filly - First start for me, running in a 100K restricted race, four horse field, all maidens! This is like a fillers stakes race! 1 52

Never Better - 2-year-old all weather route filly - Running in a NW3, five horse field. 5 17

Night Race - 2-year-old turf sprint filly - Running in a 75K stakes, ten horse field, hope she's as good as I think she might be. Won her maiden race with a 67 and by four lengths. 6 48

Soulbridge - 4-year-old turf sprint filly - Running in a NW3, full field. She may be retired after tonight depending on how well she does. 6 37

Spin That Record - 2-year-old turf sprint filly - Running in a 50K stakes in Australia, ten horse field, not sure how she'll do. 7 36

Sprint Magic - 3-year-old turf sprint filly - Running in a maiden race in Spain, four horse field, not expecting her to win. 2 50

The Treasure Hunt - 2-year-old turf mile filly - She should really be a router and I'm not sure why I put her in this race, MSW, full field. 10 28

You Need Your Head - 2-year-old turf route colt - Running in a 75K stakes, five horse field, he has a shot. 3 58


Earnings for the night - $115,590

No comments:

Post a Comment