Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday

I've done better this year that I had originally thought I would. I have to say that fillers did a lot for me, but still the quality overall of most of my stable seems to have improved. I've made more money this year than any of the previous four SIM years, won many more stakes with 14, my previous high was 9. I'm only three wins away from hitting 400 wins overall. Last year I had 27 2-year-old wins, I'm currently sitting at 25 and will need at least three more wins to top last years total. Last year I had 63 maiden wins and I am at 56 right now for this year. This is harder to reach this year as I don't have as many maidens in my stable as I did this time last year.

With three weeks left of this SIM year I'm down to having only five TB mares to breed, which is amazing for me. I still have ten MB's to breed, though I'm waiting for some horses to retire before breeding them. Mostly I still have Arabians to breed.

There are a few mares I'll be retiring and hopefully I will get them bred during the break and before the year changes over. Most will be mixed breeds, I think, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I know there is at least one TB mare I planned on retiring and than ran her on AW and she did so well that now I'm not sure if I'll retire her or not. I'm going to try to squeeze one more race on AW for her and hope that the result will help me to decide. I've had a few horses surprise me on the AW lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment