Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday

With the last week of racing coming up, I don't have too much going on. Except for Grateful Heart running on Friday, I don't have any real racers that I'm looking forward to running this week.

I need a little under 100K to reach 4 million for the year, not sure if I'll even make that with the horses I have running this week. However I have made over a million more than I did last year, what amazes me about it is that I made the majority of it through running fillers.

I've passed the amount of maiden wins and 2-year-old wins that I had last year and though my win stats are down a little from last year my OTB is up by over 5% from last year. And I've doubled my stakes wins, always a good thing.

I'm down to only three horses left to breed, mainly due to some recent purchases and two lease mares that may be coming up. I'm so glad I won't be scrambling to get everyone bred this year. I currently have 99 foals to show for it and hopefully there will be some good ones in there. It's a pretty even mix with 51 fillies and 48 colts, not surprising, I guess, since I generally use the random button when breeding. 68 are TB's with the rest being various mixed breeds. I'm hoping for a stronger mixed breed crop out of this group than last years seem to be turning out. There's so little pedigree history with the mixed breeds it's hard to do much with them that way.

So, overall, it's been a fairly successful year for me, though still no *big* horse has shown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment