Sunday, August 16, 2009

Friday Week 2 Year 25 8/14/09

Well, I lost my original post from last nights racing so I’m just going to post the results and whatever else I think of. I had 23 run last night, mostly maidens.

Aright – 3-year-old grey gelding by Righteous x Areek (Deputy Minister). 5K auction purchase. I bought this guy because I like Righteous as a sire. I don’t know why since Righteous really hasn’t thrown any stars. Last night was his first try on All Weather in a maiden race, he didn’t do very well but I guess he did better than he usually does on dirt. 6 35 SOLD

Beautiful Memory – 3-year-old chestnut filly by Remember the Name x Beauty Contest (Trophy). 20K sales page purchase as a foal. She has been a bit of a disappointment, ran her in a maiden claiming race last night. She didn’t do well and in fact I have already sold her for $1. The new owner already has her in a race for next week so don’t know what they’re thinking. Hope they don’t wind up paying for an injury. I don’t want to take the chance of writing the new owner and having her get annoyed with me. Live and learn. 7 38 SOLD

Breckenridge – 3-year-old grey filly by Colorado x Stephanys Loki (Loki Dynasty). 1K auction purchase. This was her second start for me. She did pretty well in the claiming race I had her in, of course it was only a 4 horse field. Definitely improved from her last starts. 2 48 SOLD

Epic Farewell – 3-year-old bay colt by Epic x Run Forever Free (Walkover). 25K Steward-bred auction purchase. This horse has been a big disappointment to me so far. He ran in a NW2 last night and did very poorly. I don’t know what exactly to do with him. *Wings* 7 41

He Rules – 3-year-old bay gelding by I Already Rule x Smooth Vibrations (Tremulous Echo). I won a free breeding to I Already Rule when I was a new player and had no broodmares. I purchased a cheap broodmare off of the sales page and He Rules was the result. Not exactly the best way to breed a good horse. Still I feel somewhat obligated to this poor horse. He ran in a maiden claiming race last night. 4 46

Heap of Virtue – 3-year-old chestnut filly by Righteous x Pile Driver (Classic Foundation). A recent 5K auction purchase. She did pretty well in her second start for me in a maiden race. 2 57

Lucky Thirteen - 2-year-old black colt by Piston x Lucky Number Seven (Six Signs). 1K auction purchase. Won his debut maiden race last night. 1 60

Magical Fan – 3-year-old black filly by Performing Tricks x Mercury (Duel of the Stars). Recent 1K auction purchase. This horse has 5 starts and has finished 7th four times. (Twice for me.) I think I’ll give him a AW workout before I decide to dump him. 7 39 SOLD

Malawi – 4-year-old dark bay filly by Dubawi x Painted Sand ( Footstepsinthesand). 1k sales page buy. In her 2 starts for me she has earned her purchase price back and than some. She’s supposed to have steeplechase potential so that is what she is going to be after this, a steeplechaser. 5 30

Moet Now – 3-year-old roan filly by Monet x Rekindle (Dubai Status). Recent 1K auction purchase. This was her first start for me, as well as her first start on All Weather, she didn’t do very well. She did do a little better than she has done on dirt. 6 36 SOLD

Narcissa – 6-year-old black mare by Change the Past x Rictuempra (Raindrops on Roses). 2K auction purchase as a 5 yo. I like her breeding for a broodmare. Hasn’t done that well on the track though. She ran in a maiden race last night that might have been just a little too long for her. At least she brought home a check. She has made the original cost back and than some. 5 51 SOLD

Nuclear - 3-year-old chestnut colt by Righteous x North Carolina (Unheard Of). 30K purchase from the sales page as a yearling. This horse has so much potential but has been struggling. Ran in a Grade 3 stakes last night, should have done better. *Wings* 4
58

Perfect Hero - 3-year-old dark bay colt by Right Hand Man x Hero Sword (Future Hero). This was another free breeding but with someone elses broodmare. He ran in a NW2 last night and captured his second win of his short career. 1 64

Shadowdancer – 3-year-old black gelding by Hemi Cuda x Gilded Medallion (Leelanau). One of my earliest attempts at breeding after being given this broodmare along with the recommendation of who to breed her to. The result was not good. Ran in a 25K claimer last night. 8 18

Shootout - 5-year-old bay gelding by Right Hand Man x Rebel (A Bus). This horse was just recently given to me, he has over 200K in earnings with a record of 17: 4-2-4but I can’t get him near the winners circle. 12 33

Sneak Around – 3-year-old bay gelding by Stealth Ninja x Phaedra (Bago). 88K auction purchase as a yearling. He’s been disappointing in his first three starts but finally broke his maiden last night. 1 64

So It Goes – 2-year-old bay colt by Vonnegut x Rakhine (Anabaa). 2K auction purchase as a yearling. He didn’t do too well in his race debut but the distance may have been too short for him. 9 33

Sonaran Beat – 3-year-old chestnut gelding by Mojave x Songremainsthesame (Anthem). 2K auction purchasse as a yearling. Hasn’t done well so far, I’ll probably end up dumping him. He ran in a maiden race. 7 32 SOLD

Stepping Out – 3-year-old chestnut gelding by Step Aside x Role Model (Tejano Causeway). Homebred. His fourth start and he finally breaks his maiden. 1 60

Summer Pleasure – 3-year-old chestnut filly by Look of Eagles x Rhineland (Mr. Prospector). Homebred. 4 tries, still a maiden. 6 38

Twinkling Lights – 5-year-old chestnut mare by Comet x Photo Shoot (Out of Focus). 10K forum auction purchase as a 4 yo, Steward-bred. This was only her second start for me and she came in second the first time and won last night. She ran in a NW3. *Wings* 1
64

Wild Thing – 4-year-old black filly by The Wilding x Mermaidia (Galileo). 2K auction purchase. Nine starts and still a maiden. 7 42

Winged Warrior – 3-year-old chestnut gelding by Castle x Pocomoke (Grand Reward). Homebred. No good. 8 36

Earnings for the night: $53,690

No comments:

Post a Comment