Sunday, August 16, 2009

Monday Week 3 Year 25 8/17/09

Only 16 running tomorrow night, Mondays are always steeplechase nights.

Acamas - 4-year-old bay gelding steeplechaser - given to me as a foal when I first started. Didn't do much at all on the flats, this will be his steeplechase debut. MSW 9 42

Addison - 4-year-old dark bay filly - 15K auction purchase as a 3 yo. She's won 32K since I got her so she has at least paid for herself. She's running in a NW2. *Wings* 10 27

Cinque Terre - 5-year-old black mare steeplechaser - 1K sales page purchase. She's won about 18K since I bought her, so she does pay for herself. She's running in a 12K Allowance. 5 51

Dreams of Venus - 2-year-old chestnut filly - homebred, her debut maiden race, starting her on AW since she had better works over that track. 7 30

Eris - 6-year-old chestnut mare steeplechaser - Not too great on the flats and has only one win in 5 starts chasing. I'm trying her equipment free in a claiming NW2. 3 69 (3 horse field)

Hugs and Kisses - 4-year-old chestnut filly - a recent 25K auction purchase. So far she's only earned $500 for me in two starts. I'm running her in a NW3 though she only has one win so I'm not expecting anything, I'm running her equipment free so I just want to see what sort of effort she puts out. 2 55

I Eat Cannibals - 2-year-old dark bay filly - homebred - this is her first start in a MSW which might be a little short for her. 8 38

Ize Happy - 3-year-old black colt - given to me as a yearling. He's running in a 25K maiden claiming race, his fourth start. So far he has come in second twice in MSW out of 3 starts. See how he does. 5 43

Mythical Star - 3-year-old dark bay gelding - 5K auction purchase as a foal. He hasn't won his money back yet. Four starts never hit the board. He's running in a 32K maiden claiming race. Trying him on AW for the first time. 11 5

Notice Worthy - 6-year-old bay gelding steeplechaser - I had Notice Worthy since I was new, I think. He was given to me. Didn't do very well on the flats, earned some money, sold him to a new person last year, they left the game and he ended up in AJ's stable and eventually ended up on the general sales page. I bought him back for 1K and turned him into a steeplechaser. He has one win and one third in four starts chasing. He's running in an allowance. 9 61

Orlando - 4-year-old black gelding - 15K sales page buy. He's just about made his money back. I'll probably be turning him into a steeplechaser very soon. Running in a 25K claimer, a little longer than he's used to. 7 31

Pacific Storm - 7-year-old dark bay gelding steeplechaser - a $500 sales page buy, he's made about 20K for me. (34K overall) In 7 chasing starts he's hit the board five times. He's in a NW2.
3-horse field. 1 85

Philadelphia Flyer - 5-year-old dark bay horse - 12K auction buy. He's made 50K since I bought him. Not very consistent, though. He's in a NW3. *Wings* 4 51

Reach the World - 5-year-old chestnut mare steeplechaser - she was given to me in my second year. She didn't start earning any money for me until she became a steeplechaser. 5 starts chasing and she has hit the board 4 times. I have her in a stakes but there are only 4 other horses in it at this point so she should at least bring home a check. 4 69

State of Mind - 5-year-old chestnut gelding - 7500 sales page buy. Finally started making money when I switched him to AW last year. He's won 29K since I bought him. He's in a sponsored stakes so I'm not expecting him to do well but it was a distance he seems to like. 5 45 SOLD

This Is It - 4-year-olod black filly - $1 sales page buy. 9 starts has only made 1K. I'm trying her on AW in a maiden claimer. 8 25 SOLD

Earnings for the night - $16, 390

No comments:

Post a Comment