Thursday, August 20, 2009

Friday Week 3 Year 25 8/21/09

Only 10 running tonight, I'm missing my filler horses these days. :( A lot of races not filled this week. This is not going to be one of my better Friday nights.


Aspen Wonder - 3-year-old grey filly - 5K auction buy - not a very good horse but I have her at the United Arab Republic so she has a chance in some of the lighter races. She's entered in an allowance with other struggling horses. She's made almost 9K so at least she has paid for herself. 9 25 SOLD

Beyron - 5-year-old bay gelding - Beyron was given to me by AJ when I asked about him soon after I joined. He's a sprinter and hasn't been doing so well as he gets older. He's running in a 50K claimer tonight. It's a full field so I'm not expecting much at all. 10 33

Destiny Is Mine - 2-year-old bay filly - homebred. I'm starting her off on AW which she had her best workout on. Maiden race with a full field and many of them have even better times at least at 2F so I'll be surprised if she does well. Nowhere else to really run her. 9 31

Flymetothemoon - 4-year-old bay filly - 1K sales page buy - her second start for me. Another full field with many better horses. 4 49 SOLD

Language Barrier - 4-year-old dark bay filly - she was given to me as a 2-year-old when I was in Junior High. She's done okay 6 OTB finishes out of 9 starts, almost 32K. She's only not brought in a check twice. She's in a NW3 with some pretty tough competition. Her speed figures aren't the greatest so I'll just hope she finishes strong. 7 27

Perfectly Magical - 3-year-old bay filly - homebred (and not one of the better ones!) - she would probably do better on AW but I currently have her in New Zealand so she;s in a turf sprint. She's had 4 starts and finished badly each time. No expectations here. 6 38

Quisquose - 3-year-old bay filly - 10K auction buy. This horse is terrible on the flats but has a good steeplechase pedigree so I'm basically just hanging on to her until she is 4 to see if she'll do better at steeplechasing. She's in a MSW in Ireland, a full field with others that aren't very good. 9 34 SOLD

Sunday Minx - 5-year-old black mare - 1.5K auction buy. I bought her to see if I could improve her at all since she has good breeding, eventhough she is older. This is her second start for me, she made her money back in the first start with a 3rd, her best finish so far. She's actually brought in a check in each of her races even though she finished off the board with the other trainer. She also has potential as a chaser. She's in a maiden race in Hong Kong, only 5 other horses so far, all the others are 4-year-olds though. Hopefully she does okay, if not, I'll probably make her a chaser. 1 59

To The Stars - 4-year-old grey filly - 5K sales page buy. She's actually won her last two races and made over 17K for me, the problem is that she really likes a sloppy track and this is a fast track. She's had 9 starts altogether and just has the 2 wins. She does have chaser potential so I may switch her to that if she does really badly tonight. She's in an allowance in California with a few that have better SF's and that fast track. 9 31

You're Welcome - 6-year-old black gelding - 5K auction purchase. He's made me about 12K so he paid for himself. He's in a NW3 tonight with some really decent horses. He's not the oldest horse in the field, there's another 6-year-old and an 8-year-old. At his age I just like to see him do well. 6 33



Unbelievable that I actually got a win out of one of these!

Earnings for the night: $11,050 which isn't too bad, I expected to make nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment