Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday 8/9/09

With this blog I hope to keep track of all of my horses that are running at SIMhorseracing.com.

Monday night I have 22 horses running:



  1. Autochtoe - 2-year-old bay filly out of Berlioz x Cabocabocabo (Xaar) - given to me by Berlioz's owner Megan. This is her first start, 4 1/2 F turf sprint, probably a little short for her but I'll have to see how she does. Her work out times were okay, not brilliant. 9th 20
  2. Coronal - 3-year-old bay filly out of Looking at the Sun x Flare Cascade (El Condor Pasa) - I picked her up for 5K and this is her first race for me. Her last trainer ran her as a turf router but I am shortening her up to a mile and trying her out on All Weather. She finished off the board in her first two starts. 4th 41 SOLD
  3. Cryptic Humor - 6-year-old bay mare steeplechaser out of Funny Cide x Send A Star (Really A Star). She was a 1K purchase back when I first started playing the SIM. Has a chasing record of 8:1-2-2 Stretching her out to 4 miles tonight. 9th 37
  4. False Bravado - 3-year-old bay filly out of Courageous Witness x With A Wink (Unheard Of). She was a 1K auction buy, this is her first time racing for me. She's been running in turf sprints never hitting the board in 4 tries. She gave me a pretty good AW workout so I'm starting her tonight in an AW sprint Maiden race. 2nd 52 SOLD
  5. Fire Song - 4-year-old chestnut gelding out of Mighty Big x Accuracy (Ghostzapper). A 60K yearling purchase originally, he's done his best running on AW but only has earnings of about $17K. Tonight I'm trying him on dirt for the first time. A short route which was probably not a great idea. Should have started him on dirt at a mile like his sire. 10th 26
  6. Harrodsburg Pike - 3-year-old bay gelding out of Test Your Strength x Midway Road (Dance In The Dark). He was given to me as a yearling and has run turf sprints and turf mile races, never hitting the board. I'm trying him on AW for the first time after he put in a decent AW workout. 1st 55
  7. Holder Hall - 4-year-old black gelding out of Seek Thrills x Nassau Hall (Quiet American). One of my original Dare To Dream yearlings. He does okay as an allowance horse, earnings of 34K in 8 starts. Dirt router runs in an allowance over a muddy track on Monday. 1st 68
  8. Joyride - 2-year-old dark bay filly out of Source x Havana (King Cugat), a homebred. Turf sprinter breeding, this is her first race. Her works have been okay. 8th 24
  9. Last Love - 3-year-old chestnut gelding out of End of the Line x Rememberiloveyou (Static) a 5K auction purchase. 3 starts, no earnings. He's running in a 15K claimer at a shorter distance than he is used to. I want to see if it makes any difference. 5th 39
  10. Long Bomb - 4-year-old black filly out of Chris' Missle x Long Glitter (Glitterman). Another 1K auction purchase. Dirt sprinter that has only made 9K in 8 starts. Trying her out on AW this week even though her AW work was just average. 6th 31 SOLD
  11. Never Better - 2-year-old dark bay filly out of Indubitably x Smooth Vibrations (Tremulous Echo), a homebred. Not very promising works on dirt so I'm not expecting much. This is her first race. 8th 32
  12. Norman's Hope - 4-year-old black filly out of Hemi Cuda x Hopes (Tri Star), a 5K auction purchase, one win in 9 starts. Running her in a claimer, dirt sprint. 4th 54 SOLD
  13. Point Royale - 3-year-old grey colt out of Hemingway x Hawk Feathers (Em's Always Busy), bought for 10K as a yearling. He has one win in five starts, earnings of 23K. Have him in a claiming race this week, probably will be gelding him right afterwards. :) 4th 49
  14. Red Velvet Curtain - 6-year-old bay gelding out of The Scarlet Nite x The Curtain Falls (Pi Kappa Dancer), yet another 1K auction purchase. 16 starts for 42K, running him in an AW allowance this week. His first AW race. 10th 23
  15. Singing The Blues - 5-year-old chestnut gelding out of Dance In The Dark x Foreverandaday (Midnightconfession), 1K auction buy. 10 starts for almost 20K. He's got pretty decent AW works but he's a miler and I've had a heck of a time finding races for him on AW. However, he will be running on AW this week, NW3. 6th 40
  16. Someone Elses Star - 5-year-old chestnut mare steeplechaser, out of Look My Best x A.P. Star (A.P. Indy) a 2K sales page buy back when I was a new player. Has never done much on the track or chasing (1 win), she's in a NW2 this week. 6th 62 AJ
  17. Soulbridge - 4-year-old chestnut filly out of Knightsbridge Road x Soulful Groove (Perfect Soul), a $7,500 buy from the sales page. She's made just about 30K in 7 starts, finishes second a lot. She's in a NW3 this week at Paris Race Track. This will be her last racing year before I retire her as a broodmare. 4th 49
  18. Strike Em - 5-year-old bay gelding steeplechaser out of Lightninginabottle x Zero Attitude (Ground Zero). This is only his second steeplechase race, he won his first maiden race. This is an allowance and much tougher. He only had an average SF in the first one so I'm not expecting much. A 1500K auction purchase. 8th 22
  19. Sun Beams - 2-year-old dark bay filly out of Successinthecity x More Glitter (Glitterman) a 5K auction purchase. This is her first race and I messed up because I just shipped her to Uruguay, don't remember how long of a ship it was. The vet says she's okay to race so I guess it was a fairly short ship. There's only 3 other horses in the field so I hope she does okay. 1st 58
  20. Tactical Attack - 6-year-old grey mare steeplechaser out of High Jump, a CAH I bought for 1K on the sales page when I was a new player. Pretty much an allowance horse. 36K in 16 starts. 3rd 82 GAVE AWAY
  21. The Lonely One - 3-year-old bay colt out of One More x Cayakovsky (Mayakovsky), 5500K auction buy. Has a record of 5:1-1-1 with earnings of only 11K, won his last start, a 5F claimer. 4th 55
  22. Zion - 7-year-old grey mare steeplechaser out of Unbridled Time x The Believer (Here's Lookin Atya), given to me back when I was a new player. Not really very good at anything. She has 28K in earnings in 21 starts. 3rd 65

Earnings for the night - $28,730

No comments:

Post a Comment