Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Year 26 Week 5 01/08/10

*I broke the million dollar mark for earnings for the year on Wednesday night, which was also the day my last injured horse from the beginning of the year finally came off the injured reserve list!

*19 running tonight, it was rather slim pick'ens so not really expecting too much out of tonights horses, though there is still the usual fillers.

Best Be There - 2-year-old dirt sprint colt - Homebred, this is his second start, he won first out with a SF of 61. He's running in a 75K listed stakes, four horse field, all won their first starts, all with better speed figures than my guy. 4 55

Broado - 4-year-old turf route filly - Bought her for a dollar, this is her second start for me, the first one she showed nothing, if she still shows nothing in this one she'll probably be leaving the barn, eventhough she galloped with wings. Running in a 20K NW3, full field. It doesn't look like she has a shot at all. 10 20

Capitulation - 4-year-old turf route filly - This is her second start for me, came in third last out. Tonight she's in a 12K NW3, seven horse field, it doesn't look like she'll be bringing home a check this week. 3 55

Court Vision - 7-year-old turf gelding - This is his third start for me, he was a 1K purchase and actually has not paid me back yet. He should tonight as he's running in a 100K Grade 3 in Australia, five horse field. This will probably be his last start for me. 5 39

Double Decker - 3-year-old turf sprint gelding - Second start for me, came in fifth first out, only filler potential really, I think. However, tonight he's running in a 20K MSW in Kenya, eight horse field, most of the others look better. 5 40

Joyride - 3-year-old turf sprint filly - She's running as a filler in a 150K Grade 2 stakes in Singapore, five horse field. 4 47

Kindness - 3-year-old turf route filly - A regular filler for me, running in a 40K listed stakes in Turkey, five horse field. The pay out isn't that good but she needed a race.
5 33


Mean Joe - 3-year-old dirt gelding - This is his first start for me and his first start for this year. He's running in a 17K MSW at Desert Oasis Park, four horse field. It's at a long route that I don't think is going to favor him. 3 40

Mississippi River - 4-year-old dirt route filly - I paid 1K for her on the sales page in order to help fill a 100K stakes and much to my surprise she won it - with a SF of 52! I kept her as a filler since she seems to enjoy it. She's running in a 12K classified allowance, two horse field. Unless there is some sort of fluke happening she'll be second. 2 53

Nitro Nightmare - 3-year-old dirt sprint filly - Second start for me, running in a 125K Grade 3, five horse field, I'm pretty sure she'll going to be fifth. First time on lasix. 5 48

Not Once But Twice - 4-year-old dirt sprint filly - A $10 horse bought to be a filler, she's running in a restricted 20K MSW, turf mile race, five horse field. 5 21

Pillar Point - 2-year-old turf gelding - Unimpressive baby that I bought for $10, this is his second start, came in fifth first out. Tonight he's running in a 75K listed stakes, five horse field where he'll probably be fifth again. 5 34

Shootout - 6-year-old turf sprint gelding - A little long in the tooth but I like to run him every once in a while. He's in a 75K listed stakes, full field, he's the main money earner in the field but there's only one older. 6 45

Sprint Magic - 4-year-old turf filly - Filler that broke her maiden last out. She's running in a 50K listed stakes, five horse field. 5 24

Stepping Out - 4-year-old turf gelding - Bred to be a router but has had only marginal success, cutting him back to a mile 12K NW3 in Hong Kong, eight horse field, he may do better than last but I don't think he's going to be earning anything.
8 37


The Darkest Noir - 3-year-old turf route filly - Usually a filler that for some reason I threw into a 30K claimer with a full field and a 17K purse. 5 42

Violation - 5-year-old dirt route gelding - One of my DTD horses from my newbie year, only mediocre as a runner. Tonight he's in a 12K NW3, seven horse field, if I'm lucky he'll get up for a piece of the purse but I'm not counting on it. 5 42


Warm Heart - 2-year-old turf filly - First start, she should be a router but she had an okay 3F work as a yearling so I thought I'd try her at a sprint first out. She's in a sponsored 50K listed stakes, five horse field. Everyone else has won a race. 4 46

Zeppoli - 2-year-old turf filly - First start, another that is bred to be a router but I'm starting out in a sprint, 50K listed stakes, five horse field. 4 41


Earnings for the night - $37,470

No comments:

Post a Comment