Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Year 26 Week 6 01/13/10

*Mixed breed racing night, 22 running, a few nice horses, more fillers than not, and a couple that drive me crazy.

As'ad - 7-year-old Arabian horse - This is his first race back since being injured in week 1. I sponsored a Grade 3 for him, really as a test to see if he's still running strong or given it up. I'm hoping he's as good to go as before the injury. This race is for 125K, five other horses have shown up, all very good, and one real monster. I'm not really expecting a win here (though of course I would love one!) but I just want to see how he does post-injury. 5 64 :(

Back Off - 7-year-old QH gelding - I sponsored a 25K NW5 for the old guy, two others entered, so everybody will make some money. 1 67

Cuts Like A Knife - 4-year-old QH colt - He's so frustrating to me but I've just decided to go with it and enter him wherever and if he does well fine, if not fine. He's running in a 10K allowance tonight, eleven horse field. If he feels like it, he may do well, if not he'll finish off the board. 5 61

Double Change - 4-year-old Arabian gelding - Unimpressive runner but earns his keep as a filler. Tonight he's running in a sponsored, restricted 25K NW5, five horse field. 5 43

East New Yorker - 3-year-old pace gelding - Recent purchase off the sales page for $100, running tonight in a 12K MSW, four horse field. 2 51

Flash of Fire - 3-year-old trot colt - He's running in a Grade 1 150K stakes tonight, rather ambitious, against some that have beaten him before but it's only a four horse field and the money was too good to pass up. 4 64

Hotter Than Mojave - 3-year-old Appy colt - I sponsored a 75K listed stakes for him, I think I may have his distance thing figured out - but I'm not really sure, five horse field. Some pretty good horses in this field, not sure how he'll do. 4 60

Just Another Smile - 4-year-old pace filly - CAH - Basically a filler, she's running in a 12K NW2, four horse field. 4 54

Malika Badiya - 5-year-old Arabian mare - She's running in a 10K claimer, five horse field and a purse of 12K. 2 50

Marengo - 4-year-old Arabian colt - He's running in a 75K sponsored stakes, eight horse field, some really good ones and I don't think this is his best distance so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he earns anything against this group. 8 59

Mayday - 3-year-old Appy filly - One of my regular fillers running in a 10K MSW, three horse field. 3 40

Mooby - 4-year-old Appy gelding - Another regular filler, running in a sponsored 10K NW2 claimer with a purse of 10K, three horse field. Only one winner in the field.
2 47


Nitey - 4-year-old Appy gelding - $10 purchase, running in a 25K sponsored NW4, four horse field. 3 61

Oxiclean - 4-year-old Appy gelding - Running in a 25K sponsored NW3, three horse field. 2 60

Puzzle Book - 4-year-old Appy gelding - $1 purchase. Unimpressive filler running in a sponsored, restricted 5K claimer, five horse field and a purse of 10K. 5 46

Quickerthanfire - 3-year-old QH gelding - Another unimpressive filler running in a sponsored 50K stakes, five horse field. 5 33

Rare Lil Maverick - 4-year-old Paint filly - Filler running in a sponsored 15K NW2 claimer, four horse field, 10K purse. 1 59

Red Mustang - 3-year-old Appy gelding - Recent $10 purchase. I had him in a different race as a filler but too many horses showed up so I switched him to this 10K MSW, eight horse field. 4 40

Solar Shadow - 2-year-old QH filly - First start. She's running in a 10K NW2, three horse field, she's the only first time starter. 2 52

Treasure Ransom - 3-year-old Paint gelding - Filler running in a 50K listed stakes, three horse field. 3 35

Two Bits - 6-year-old Paint gelding - I sponsored a restricted 25K NW2 for him, eight others showed up, it'll be interesting to see if he can get up for a piece of the purse. If not, it's okay, I like him anyway. 3 62

Zhentico - 4-year-old Appy gelding - Second start for me, running in a sponsored 10K NW3 claimer, three horse field and a purse of 10K. 3 57


Earnings for the night - $66.370

No comments:

Post a Comment