Saturday, April 10, 2010

Break

I bred my eight oldest TB mares today, they ranged in age from 12 to 14. Only three of the eight died while foaling, two were 14 and one was 13. So I still have one 14 year old, one 13 year old and three 12 year olds for next year. I ended up with five fillies and three colts using the random button on all of them. I spent 62K altogether on the eight mares, most were not the best mares but I felt too old to sell and thought I'd give them a last hurrah breeding. However I was unwilling to spend too much on most of them. I think it averages out to only 8K per mare, though some I spent quite a bit more and some I spent less.

Otherwise everyone just seems to be waiting around for racing to start again. We'll be able to start entering races on Monday however racing really won't begin until 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment