Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

Counting the mixed breeds, I have over 300 horses of racing age. 64 of them are 2-year-old routers or milers that won't race for a while yet. Even so, it's quite a hefty amount to be running. Over the next few weeks I'll probably be running a slew of horses to hopefully make some final decisions on what to do with some of them. Over this last week I've culled out roughly 30 horses just to keep from owning over 600 horses. I currently stand at 588 with 124 being yearlings or 2-year-old Arabians, 23 foals, 99 broodmares and 7 pensioners. Broodmares and racers I am constantly culling but want to make a serious effort in the next two weeks to get the racers down to around 200 or 500 overall horses whichever comes first. Though I will still be filling races whenever possible, I'll also be running horses in fuller fields to see if they actually have any real potential.

At least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment