Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Week 1 Year 27

Reflecting on last nights races, I have to say that I was most impressed with Shading's maiden win with a speed figure of 67 for her first time out. Wiring the field and still winning by a length. Hope she does as well as the races get longer.

Nebettawy also impressed me a lot even though she only won an allowance. She has two straight wins with one being a stakes and she improved her SF to 66. She was being pressured at the end but stayed in front.

Loqquacious Lark was also pretty impressive - especially for a $10 horse and 5 years old against younger too. He rated well and came on at the end with a 68 SF.

One of my biggest disappointments was Arctic Heat who did so well as a 2 year old. However, watching his race on the animator - he was coming on strong at the end and just ran out of real estate. I originally bred him to be router and he had excellent works for long distances. At 2 he did best at a mile and his sire has produced quite a lot of milers (though his sire is a router himself). So now I may try him at a route again.

Out of the 35 I had running only four didn't bring home any money which is a pretty good average, I think. I was pretty happy with my $10 AJ purchases, out of the 8 horses that ran they brought home over 15K. I think it averages out to almost 2K per horse, though most of it came from Loquacious Lark.

A few ended up going to Greener Pastures.

I think I should have picked up some mixers from the AJ $10 sale as I had a tough time filling races for tomorrow night - I just didn't have enough horses to do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment