Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Year 27 Week 4

38 running tonight, hoping for the best.

A Friend of Mine - 4-year-old gelding - Putting him back on the dirt from AW before I take the plunge to send him off chasing. Tonight it's a 20K NW2, eleven horse field for his return. 8 33

Angelonmyshoulder - 3-year-old filly - Homebred, still trying to break her maiden. She's running in a 24K restricted msw, six horse field. 1 61

Barrier - 2-year-old colt - Homebred, second start, 4th first time out. Galloped with wings and has decent works. 20K msw and a full field with a lot of first time starters.
2 63


Big Guns - 4-year-old gelding - Homebred, he's trying a 85K claimer with an eleven horse field and a 22K purse. Not sure if he has a shot or not. 11 8

Binary Star - 2-year-old filly - First start for this homebred, will probably prefer a little longer but thought I'd give her a try in this 6.5F allowance with a small field of four first time starters and a 15K purse. 4 33

Can't Stop the Sun - 3-year-old filly - Homebred, went to dirt after racing on AW for her first four starts. Did pretty well so trying her on dirt again in a 20K msw with a ten horse field. 7 39

Corner the Market - 3-year-old gelding - Running tonight in a 20K msw, seven horse field. I may be switching him to AW after this start, his work on that surface was okay. 6 42

Country Cruise - 2-year-old colt - Homebred, first start, galloped HTT and didn't have very good works so I'm running him in a 95K stakes, five horse field. 5 42

Cry Silently - 3-year-old filly - Steward-bred that has yet to hit the board in four starts. I'm hoping she will get better as she ages and can run in longer races. Tonight it's a 12K msw, seven horse field. 1 65

Discordant - 4-year-old filly - Second start for me, one of the AJ $10 horses, I like her breeding. Tried stretching her out last time, that didn't work, so putting her back in sprints to night. 24K msw with a full field. 4 44

Eat and Run - 3-year-old gelding - Homebred that's been knocking on the door of breaking his maiden. I have him in a 15K maden claimer that I sponsored, five horse field and a 10K purse. At least one other should make this tough. 1 61

Euridice - 4-year-old filly - Usually a filler and tonight is no different. She's running in a 25K NW4 that I sponsored for her stablemate Night Race and one other horse showed up. 3 50

Expedite - 5-year-old gelding - Steward-bred that is getting up there in years for a sprinter. Trying him on AW for the first time, I thought maybe a softer surface would help him. 12K starter allowance with a full field. 12 1

Fancy Dreamer - 2-year-old filly - Homebred from one of my CAM's. She should probably like longer but also didn't have the best of works. So running her in this 12K NW2, three horse field, the other two are both winners. 3 43

Fifty Stars - 5-year-old mare - First start for me, I just bought her at auction because I like her dam side. She has two wins out of nine starts, hasn't hit the board in any of her other starts. Thought I would give her a couple tries at a different distance and maybe a try at AW before retiring her. So I sponsored a 25K NW3 for her, four horse field. I would like to improve her earnings, if she is willing. 1 62

Grateful Heart - 3-year-old filly - Steward-bred, she's running in a 40K listed stakes which has come up surprisingly competitive considering it's smallish purse. Seven horse field and one verified monster. Hoping she can be up there at the end.
5 52


Guns and Daggers - 4-year-old filly - Hoping she'll take to the AW at a better distance for her, she had a really good work on it. I like her dam side, would like to use her as a broodmare next year. She's in a 15K NW2, six horse field. 3 51

Holy Gabriel - 4-year-old gelding - Second start for me, won first time out but that was a maiden race. Trying him on AW for the first time in a 15K NW2, ten horse field. 8 30

Inspired View - 3-year-old filly - Another $10 AJ horse starting for the second time for me, she came in third last time in a maiden race. I'm using her tonight in a 125K Grade 2 stakes, five horse field. 4 50

Lighter Than Air - 3-year-old filly - Homebred that has actually done better than I had thought she would. Though she has never won a stakes she has been stakes placed three times in seven starts. I think I should have looked for a 3 yo race for her instead of this 10K NW2 with a full field with quite a few older. I guess I may as well see if she can hold her own. 6 52

Living a Lie - 6-year-old gelding - Steward-bred. First start for me, he's another $10 AJ horse, thought he might be a chaser but he failed that. I wanted to give him at least one chance in a race. 15K NW2, eight horse field. 5 38

Loquacious Lark - 5-year-old horse - Second start for me, yet another $10 AJ horse, won first time out for me with a 68 SF. I sponsored a race for him to see if it was a fluke or not, 25K NW3, six horse field. 5 43

Magic Mountain - 4-year-old filly - Still waiting to break her maiden.20K msw, eleven horse field. 4 43

Middle Miss - 3-year-old filly - First start for me running in a 25K maiden claimer with a full field and a 15K purse. 7 43

Monster Heat - 4-year-old filly - Has three OTB finishes in seven starts, running in a 20K allowance, six horse field. Hope she can at least be in top five. 4 46

Mourning N Knight - 4-year-old gelding - Just bought him for a $1 as I need some 4-year-old geldings that are maidens. He was supposed to be a filler in this 15K msw, but a sixth horse showed up. I assume he'll be last as this is not a surface he should like. 6 4

Moving Pictures - 3-yer-old colt - Homebred, still needs to break his maiden. Running in a 20K allowance, eight horse field. I think it was a light field when I first entered him, otherwise I have no idea why I put him in here. 8 32

Night Race - 4-year-old filly - I sponsored this 25K NW4 for her, three horse field including stablemate Euridice. The other horse that showed up will make this a competitive race. 1 63

Nitric - 2-year-old colt - Homebred, second start, came in fourth first time out. Galloped with wings. had okay works. Tonight he's in a 15K msw, eleven horse field.
5 51


Notch - 2-year-old colt - Homebred, second start, came in fourth first time out in a listed stakes. Galloped with wings and had good workouts. Tonight he's in a 20K msw with a full field. 4 58

Outside the Line - 3-year-old gelding - He also galloped with wings but has yet to break his maiden. I think he might need to go longer. Tonight it's a 20K msw, nine horse field. 4 47

Performing Is Life - 4-year-old gelding - Running in a 20K msw, five horse field. I'm not really sure why he doesn't do better. 4 33

Pumpkin Patch - 4-year-old filly - She's improved since I started running her on AW with five OTB finishes in her five AW starts. Tonight she's in a 12K starter allowance, five horse field. 2 48

San Francisco Mist - 5-year-old gelding - Steward-bred, second start for me, another $10 AJ purchase. Running in a 25K NW2, seven horse field that I sponsored and includes stablemate Violation. 2 63

Scotland Winds - 4-year-old filly - This is her first race of the year, forgot to enter her earlier. She's in a 22K NW3, seven horse field. 1 63

Shaedra - 4 - year -old gelding - Running in a 20K allowance, five horse field that looks to be really challenging. 3 56

Vertical - 2-year-old colt - Homebred, second start, came in 2nd first time out in a listed stakes. Galloped with wings and has good works. Tonight he's in a 12.5K msw, eight horse field with a few first time starters. 3 58

Violation - 6-year-old gelding - Running in the same race that I sponsored as San Francisco Mist. 3 57


Earnings for the night - $107,830 (Includes Breeder Awards for Angelonmyshoulder and Eat and Run)





.

No comments:

Post a Comment