Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday Year 27 Week 4

24 mixers running tonight, not even sure who's going. I think I entered them on Sunday and don't remember who I put in where.

Back Off - 8-year-old QH gelding - Probably the last year I'll be racing him. Tonight he's running in a sponsored 100K listed stakes, eight horse field. All the horses in this race are pretty accomplished, hoping he can hold his own. 8 13

Chili Cookoff - 2-year-old Appy filly - Picked her up for 1K, this is her first start, 10K NW2, five horse field, all are maidens. 4 45

Combat Rock - 7-year-old Arabian horse - Poor guy has struggled so much lately. I've been trying to get his earnings over 200K but he hasn't been helping much. Tonight he's running in a 50K listed stakes, nine horse field. I'm trying him with a tongue tie again. 7 66

Corona Effects - 3-year-old QH filly - She's in a 10K allowance, eight horse field. Don't know how well she'll do here. 7 59

D Express Train - 3-year-old QH gelding - "Not impressive" filler who earns his keep pretty well. Running tonight in a 50K listed stakes, five horse field and he's not the only maiden. 5 46

Distance Deluxe - 4-year-old QH filly - This is her third start for me and she's running in a 10K msw, six horse field. 4 43

Doo a Little Favor - 3-year-old QH filly - Running in a 15K claimer, nine horse field and a 10K purse, I think she has a shot at being in the top five. 5 54 CLAIMED

Emotions in Motion - 4-year-old trot filly - Finally broke her maiden last out, will retire at the end of this year but thought I might keep her running for this year. Tonight she's in a 12K NW2, nine horse field, she also has a pretty good shot at being there at the end. 6 48

Especial - 3-year-old QH filly - First start for me, picked her up for $500, she's in a 10K msw, six horse field, at a new distance for her. 2 54

Flash of Fire - 4-year-old trot colt - Has wings and does pretty well in condition races. He's in a 15K NW4 tonight, nine horse field. Looks like he has a shot at second. 1 67

Golden Speed - 3-year-old Appy gelding - Second start for me, picked him up for $10 but not an AJ purchase. Made me 1K the first time out, so he's covered. He's in a 10K msw, three horse field. 3 39

Hotter Than Mojave - 4-year-old Appy colt - I sponsored a 75K listed stakes for him, trying him with an F8 for the first time since he seems to break in and out a lot. Don't know if it will have any impact, hoping he will improve now that he is 4 and be more consistent. Six horses in this field and there are some good ones in here.
1 65


I Play Rough - 3-year-old QH filly - She has hit the board in all four of her starts but has yet to see the winner's circle. 10K msw, five horse field. Looks like she should win but nothing is ever a sure thing in racing. 1 63

Justin Credible - 4-year-old QH gelding - Running in a 50K listed stakes with a full field. He'll have his hooves full with this competitive field. 10 61

Mamagrin - 3-year-old pace gelding - First start for me, second start overall. He's running in a 12K msw, seven horse field. 3 57

Marengo - 5-year-old Arabian horse - Running in a 10K allowance with a full field over a muddy track. He might be in the top five at the end. 7 61

One Oh Five - 3-year-old Appy gelding - Just broke his maiden last out in a match race. Tonight it's a 10K NW3, four horse field. 3 47

Red Mustang - 4-year-old Appy gelding - "Not impressed" filler running in a 10K msw, five horse field. 1 45

Sohot - 3-year-old pace colt - Another who just broke his maiden last out. Tonight he's running in a 12K NW2, eight horse field. 2 62

Sunliner - 3-year-old pace filly - First start for me, she's in a 15K msw, eleven horse field. Trying her with a blind bridle. 6 52

Taiomah - 4-year-old Arabian gelding - Bought him for $1 and he's made me over 12K in a few races so I can't complain about him at all. He's in a 10K msw, four horse field over a muddy track. 1 38

The Cutting Edge - 3-year-old QH colt - Homebred, I sponsored a 75K stakes for him at what I believe is his best distance. He won a Grade 1 as a 2-year-old so I feel like I have to make some effort with him. Maybe it was a fluke but I hope not. Six horse field. 4 62

Two Bits - 7-year-old Paint gelding - Another one of my old guys that I only race a few times a year. Tonight he's in a 12K NW2 with a full field. A lot of younger horses, at least one older, hope he can hold his own. 1 66

Win I Did - 3-year-old QH colt - Second start for me and he's running in a 10K msw, five horse field. 2 60


Earnings for the night - $84,490

No comments:

Post a Comment