Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Year 26 Week 1

I have 19 running tonight, a few 2-year-olds running for the first time. Three of them I'm hoping will do well. I'll just be really glad if I get through the night with no injuries. I've had one injury in four years of SIM racing, in two race nights this week I've had five injuries. I'm a little nervous about a few that are racing tonight, I'm still pushing the evelope a little bit.

Angelonmyshoulder - 2-year-old turf sprint filly - One of my first homebreds to run. She had decent workouts, will maybe end up being an allowance level horse. She's running in a restricted 14K MSW, five horse field. 2 54

Aspen Midnight - 4-year-old turf route filly - This is her first start for me, she's been running on all-weather for her whole career so far, I'm trying her out on turf. Running in a 25K sponsored NW2, three horse field. 2 55

Best Be There - 2-year-old dirt sprint colt - Another of my homebreds running for the first time tonight. He got the wings comment as a yearling and has pretty good works so I'm hoping that he does well, though I think he is going to prefer longer sprints. He has the best works in this small field, 15K MSW, four horse field. 1 61

Big Country Fun - 4-year-old dirt mile gelding - This is his first start for me, I bought him hoping he might be a chaser but he failed that test so now he is a filler. Running in a 10K claimer, five horse field, 10K purse. 3 44

Dixie Echo - 6-year-old dirt sprint mare - One of my $10 purchases, bought hoping she'd show chaser potential but will probably end up being a filler. She's been running in sprints which I have her in tonight too, but I think I'll try her at a mile next before turning her into a filler. She has some breeding to be a miler. She's running in a 29K maiden claimer with a 20K purse, six horse field. 4 44

Feasibly - 4-year-old dirt mile gelding - Second start for me, not really sure what to do with him. He was bred to be a router but doesn't seem to do too well at routes. Came in second at a mile last out. Running in a 22.5K maiden claimer, three horse field, 10K purse. 1 58

Female Saddle - 6-year-old turf route gelding - First start for me, in fact, I just bought this guy with the terrible name last night for $100 to put into this race. He's running in a 20K MSW with two AJ filler horses. 1 44

Genius Point - 5-year-old turf route gelding - CAH - First start for me, second start overall, another $10 purchase. Raced at a mile in his only other start. Tonight he's running in a 15K MSW, three horse field, one is an AJ filler. Hasn't raced for over a year. 2 52

Grateful Heart - 2-year-old dirt sprint filly - My first Steward-bred 2-year-old to race. She got wings as a yearling and has the best works out of the rest of this full field in this 12K MSW. I'm hoping she runs well. 2 67

Haunted By Night - 4-year-old dirt route filly - Basically a filler, running in a 12K starter allowance, three horse field. 3 51

I Gotta Have Faith - 4-year-old turf route filly - Another filler, running in a 12K start allowance, three horse field. 3 51

Ice Tea - 5-year-old AW sprint mare - First start for me, yet another $10 purchase. Hasn't raced for over a year. Running in a 12K MSW, five horse field. 5 34

In His Arms - 3-year-old dirt mile colt - Shows occasional flashes of brilliance but not on a regular basis. Running in a 15K NW2, eight horse field. 7 42

Lighter Than Air - 2-year-old dirt sprint filly - Another homebred starting tonight. She got wings as a yearling and has pretty good works. There are a few that have as good works or slightly better but I'm still hoping she does well in this 12K MSW with a full field. 1 66

Narynia - 5-year-old dirt sprint gelding - CAH - Another $10 horse running for the first time for me, second lifetime race. Ran in a route in his only other start. Running in a 15K MSW, four horse field. Hasn't raced in over a year. 2 51

Nautic Tale - 3-year-old dirt route gelding - One of my usual fillers and one I'm a little concerned with for potential injury. He raced Monday week 15 so I'm a little nervous. He's running in a 15K NW2, four horse field. 4 40

Paper Roses - 2-year-old dirt sprint filly - Her works were the worse out of all of my homebreds and she should probably be a miler or router but since her works weren't that good I thought I'd try her at different distances in case she might like one better. She's running in a 25K maiden claimer, six horse field, 12K purse. Unfortunately I think she may come in sixth. 5 40

Sprint Magic - 4-year-old turf sprint filly - Another one of my usual fillers that I'm a bit concerned about get injured. She ran week 15 Friday and this would just be her second week off, plus I trained her to jump somewhere in there. She's running in a 15K MSW with two AJ fillers. I'm hoping she'll just walk around the track and not get hurt. The vet suggested walking her around the shedrow to help her, so I did that against my better judgement. 1 55

Your Place - 4-year-old dirt route filly - First start for me, bought her as a filler. She's running in a 15K MSW in Hawaii, four horse field. 3 44


Earnings for the night - $64,080 (includes breeder awards)

Most importantly - no injuries!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment