Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Year 26 Week 1

First race night of the new year. I have 31 running tonight, I'm not really expecting much from any of them, more that I want to see how they do so I can continue my culling process. Also some new steeplechasers. I don't think I have any of my new 2-year-olds running tonight as those races are loaded this early.

Anger Issues - 4-year-old chase filly - One of the recent $10 purchases from the sales page, this is her first start as a chaser. She's running in a 10K MSW, eleven horse field. 4 61

Astral Queen - 5-year-old chase mare - Hasn't done too well chasing, still a maiden after five starts, I'm running her with only a week's rest in a 12K MSW, three horse field, the third horse is an AJ filler. 2 47 Injured

Bilk - 5-year-old chase mare - This is her second start as a chaser, came in third first out. She's running in a 10K MSW, four horse field. 2 55

Demand - 5-year-old dirt route mare - Another one of the $10 purchases, she has chase potential so if she does poorly here I just send her over the jumps next. Trying her at a long route in a 12K MSW, seven horse field. She hasn't raced for over a year.

6 26 Injured

Derby Hat - 4-year-old dirt route filly - I bought her as a filler at the end of last year and she surprised me by winning first out with a 65 SF in a full field. I'm trying her in a small 100K Grade 3 stakes, five horse field. 3 53

Done In Jest - 5-year-old chase gelding - This is his second start chasing, came in fifth first out. I'm running him on only one weeks rest in a small 12K MSW, three horse field. 3 43 Injured/Pensioned

Enforce the Trail - 4-year-old filler filly - I'm just hoping she doesn't get injured. She's running off of a one week rest and a long ship. 10K NW2, four horse field. 4 30 Injured

Face Value - 3-year-old turf sprint gelding - Running in a 10K MSW, eight horse field. I usually use him as a filler so I'm curious to see how he does in a fuller field.
4 43


Forgotten Dynasty - 4-year-old dirt route filly - This is her second start for me, I bought her to be a filler as she has some confused breeding. Tonight she's running in a 20K allowance, four horse field. 4 45

Fort - 5-year-old chase mare - Bought her for $100, ran her as a filler in a stakes where she made 3500K, she has chaser potential so this is her first outing over the jumps. She's in a 12K MSW, six horse field. 4 41

Golden Warrior - 3-year-old dirt route filly - She's bred to run in long routes which aren't available yet, so tonight she's in a 25K sponsored restricted short route for NW2, eight horse field, all maidens except for one. 2 59

Heap of Virtue - 4-year-old dirt route filly - One of my better fillers, running in a 100K listed stakes, five horse field, she'll probably be fifth but that's okay. 5 40

Holder Hall - 5-year-old dirt route gelding - One of my original DTD guys, though I've felt he's been a bit of a disappointment, he is the 14th top earner for his sire, so I should cut him some slack. He's running tonight in a 65K listed stakes, five horse field. 4 53

Holiday Road - 4-year-old dirt route filly - A $10 sales page buy, first start for me. Lightly raced but with not too much upside. I'm trying her at a long route in a 25K claimer, eleven horse field. This is her first race in a year and I'm stripping off all of her equipment from her old owner. 6 32

Impala - 3-year-old filler filly - Running in a 75K listed stakes, four horse field. Bred for turf, this is on dirt so a fourth will be fine. 4 21

Irocket - 4-year-old dirt route gelding - CAH - $10 purchase, raced only once at a mile, no workouts. Running tonight in a 12K MSW, four horse field. 4 38

Knoxville - 4-year-old filler gelding - Running in a 32K claimer, 15K purse, four horse field. 4 41

Lasting Bond - 3-year-old filler filly - First start for me. Running in a sponsored 25K NW2, five horse field. 5 15

Lie Low - 2-year-old all weather sprinter - The only 2-year-old I'm running tonight. A bit of an experimental baby at that. The only one I bred to be an all weather horse so I'm curious how he will do. He'll probably want to be a miler but I'm trying him out at a sprint. Running in a 12K MSW, full field. 10 27

Light From Above - 4-year-old dirt mile gelding - First start for me, I really bought him as a filler as he has slow works and not a very good race record. However a sixth horse showed up in this field so he's probably not earning a check tonight. 12K MSW, six horse field. 6 19

Light the Fire - 4-year-old dirt sprint gelding - First start for me, another $10 horse. Hasn't run in over a year and a half. Running in a 12K MSW, three horse field. 3 48

Loki First - 4-year-old dirt route filly - Running in a 25K sponsored allowance, five horse field. 3 55

Matter of Trust - 3-year-old dirt route gelding - Running in a 15K NW2, five horse field. 5 39

Monster Heat - 3-year-old turf mile filly - Third start, running in a sponsored 25K NW3, five horse field. 4 53

Orlando - 5-year-old chase gelding - Another one that I'm running back on one week of rest. 10K MSW, four horse field. 4 52

Pharlap - 5-year-old dirt route gelding - CAH - $10 purchase, this is his second start overall. Running in a 32K maiden claimer, five horse field. 5 30

Queen of Morning - 4-year-old dirt route filly - $10 purchase, first start for me. Running in a NW2, eleven horse field. Not expecting too much here, she'll probably move into the filler ranks after this race, unless she can chase. 11 12

Strange Meeting - 3-year-old dirt mile filly - Running in a 20K NW3, four horse field. 3 54

Sunday Minx - 6-year-old chase mare - Fairly consistent chaser mare, running in a 45K stakes, five horse field. 4 64

Swamper - 5-year-old dirt route mare - CAH - $10 purchase. First start for me, third start overall, ran once on all weather and once at a mile. Has good route works. Running in a 75K claimer, 10K purse, three horse field. Hasn't raced for over a year.
1 66


We Started Nothing - 4-year-old turf route filly - Lightly raced $10 purchase, first start for me, first start at a route. Running in a 32K maiden claimer, eight horse field.
5 39

Earnings for the night - $57,110
Loss to injury - $45,000

No comments:

Post a Comment