Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday Year 26 Week 2

Mixed breed racing night, 17 running.

Canyon Creek - 4-year-old Appy gelding - $10 purchase running in a 10K MSW, three horse field. Has one third in seven starts and gallops unimpressive so not expecting much but he's going to earn something anyway. This is his first start for me. 3 8

Cartecay - 3-year-old Appy gelding - He's become one of my regular mixer fillers. He's running in a 10K allowance, four horse field. 3 43

Combat Rock - 6-year-old Arabian sprint horse - I sponsored a small 75K stakes for him at his preferred distance, nine other horse showed up so don't know how he'll do. I hope he's as good as I would like him to be but won't be surprised if he isn't. There's one in particular that I think might give him a lot of trouble. He vetted sharp but I still think I should have given him one more week off. 1 70

Cuts Like A Knife - 4-year-old QH colt - My frustrating, inconsistent QH. I've pretty much given up on him and decided to just enter him in stakes and hope that he manages to get up for a piece of the purse every once in a while. Tonight he's running in a 50K stakes, six horse field. It's at the longest distance which I tried him at once before and he didn't do well. I'll be happy if he gets anywhere close to making some money. Vet says it's the perfect time for a race for him. I hope he was listening. 6 52

Dashing Rye - 4-year-old QH gelding - Another one of my fillers running in a 25K NW3, five horse field. 5 34

Double Change - 4-year-old Arabian gelding - Unimpressive galloper, running in a 50K sponsored stakes, five horse field. 4 43

Drakar - 3-year-old trot gelding - First start for me, $100 purchase. Bought him to be a filler. He's running in a 12K MSW, three horse field. 3 36

Malika Badiya - 5-year-old Arabian mare - She's running in a 25K Nw4, six horse field, I'm hoping she can get up for a piece of the purse. 5 50

Marengo - 4-year-old Arabian colt - I still can't quite figure out what his favorite distance is. Tonight he's running in a 10K allowance with a full field that looks pretty competitive. I have no idea how he'll do. 5 61

Money and Music - 3-year-old trot colt - He's running in a 50K stakes tonight, eight horse field. I'd really like him to do well but there are quite a few monsters in here. He's vetting as sharp and ready to go. 7 62

Nitey - 4-year-old Appy gelding - $10 purchase that I bought as a filler. He galloped with wings so I thought I would try him at a new distance and see if he does any better. This is his first start for me. Running in a 10K MSW, six horse field. 1 66

Painter's Palette - 3-year-old Paint filly - CAH - This is her first start, no workouts, I have no idea if she is any good or not. Running in a 10K MSW, two horse field.
1 49


The Cutting Edge - 2-year-old QH colt - My first and only homebred QH for this year. Running in a 10K MSW, ten horse field. I don't think this is going to be his best distance but might as well try him out now. 6 55

Treasure Ransom - 3-year-old Paint colt - First start for me, running in a 10K MSW, two horse field. 2 33


Earnings for the night - $58,500 (includes breeder awards)

No comments:

Post a Comment